Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Book Covers!

So, back in the days of word processors I was trained in typography and for a number of years worked as a graphic designer, PMT camera operator and typesetter. Compared to the ornate way of coding phototypesetting, Photoshop is a snap. There is an art to typesetting--color, font, kerning, leading, lights and shadows, all help to convincingly convey the title. Anyway, I'm typesetting covers at $30 per. Gotta have your own art, illustration or photo. See samples along the side of the blog. I love it, it's a nice artsy break between writing...

2 comments:

Angela Benson said...

Beautiful covers, Cheri. Would you be open to finding art for folks who want a full-service option?

Cheri Paris Edwards said...

Absolutely! I'm using stock covers that you buy rights to use--but I design the type. I will give two or three choices to the author as well. Designing covers is really fun for me!

Post a Comment